City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
8. Clubs, lodges, or fraternal organizational centers, non-profit only, provided that no business activity carried on as a service to the public shall be permitted.
Subdivision 3. Permitted Accessory Uses.
The following shall be Permitted Accessory Uses within an R District:
1. Home occupations including offices of professional persons when such use does not exceed one-third (1/3) of the main floor space of a dwelling, is conducted only in the principal dwelling, and does not employ any persons not residing on the premises.
2. Storage garages and private recreational facilities for the use and convenience of residents of the principal use.
3. Shops, restaurants, offices, club or lodge rooms and nursing care facilities when attached to the principal use and designed for the use and convenience of the occupants only. Accessory uses of this nature may be permitted in multiple resident structures provided that no advertising or display relative thereto is visible from the outside of the building. No more than ten (10) percent of the gross floor area of the principal use may be devoted to this type of accessory use.
4. Off-street parking and loading as regulated by Section 10, Subdivision 12, General Regulations.
5. Parking of one commercial motor vehicle of not over 26-foot length used by the resident occupant, and parking of passenger cars, but -not including the storage of vehicles which are inoperable or for sale or rent.
6. Signs as regulated by Section 10, Subdivision 11, General Regulations.
7. Accessory use customarily incidental to the uses listed in Subdivisions 2 and 4 of this Section.
Subdivision 4. Uses by Conditional Use Permit.
Buildings or land may be used for the following if granted a Conditional Use Permit as provided in Section 12: