City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
That part of the Northwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter (NW¼ NW¼) of Section Twenty-two (22), Township Fifty-six (56) North, Range Twenty-seven (27) West, Itasca County, Minnesota, lying South of New U.S. Highway 2 and lying North of Old U.S. Highway No. 2, approximately 4 acres (Parcel No. 70-022-2204)
That part of the Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter (NE¼ NE¼), Section Twenty-one (21), Township Fifty-six (56) North, Range Twenty-seven (27) West, Itasca County, Minnesota, described as follows: COMMENCING at the northeast corner of said Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter; thence South 88 degrees 28 minutes 15 seconds West, assumed bearing, along the north line of said Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter a distance of 721.19 feet to the southerly right-of-way line of Trunk Highway No. 2 and the point of beginning of the tract to be herein described; thence South 22 degrees 20 minutes 37 seconds West 300.00 feet; thence South 67 degrees 39 minutes 23 seconds East 200.00 feet; thence North 22 degrees 20 minutes 37 seconds East 311.28 feet to said southerly right-of-way line of Trunk Highway No. 2; thence North 70 degrees 53 minutes 04 seconds West 200.32 feet along said southerly right-of-way line of Trunk Highway No. 2 to the point of beginning. Approximately 1.4 acres. (Parcel No. 70-021-1103)
2. Acreage/Population/Usage. That the orderly annexation area consists of approximately 78.8 acres, the population in the area is zero, and the land use type is commercial/industrial.
3. Jurisdiction. That the City of Deer River and the County of Itasca, by submission of this joint resolution to the Municipal Boundary Adjustment Unit of the Office of Administrative Hearings, confers jurisdiction upon the Chief Administrative Law Judge so as to accomplish said orderly annexation in accordance with the terms of this resolution.
4. Municipal Reimbursement. As the property to be annexed is within an unorganized township, the provision of Minnesota Statutes § 414.036 are not applicable.
5. Review and Comment. The City of Deer River and the County of Itasca agree that upon receipt of this resolution, passed and adopted by each party, the Chief Administrative Law Judge may review and comment, but shall within thirty (30) days, order the annexation in accordance with the terms of the resolution.
6. Other Terms of Resolution. By this agreement and the authority on which it is based, effective upon the order of the administrative law judge approving annexation, the county's rights, interests in, and responsibilities over County Road 178 both within and outside the annexed area shall vest in the City of Deer River, and thereafter, the City shall