City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
(1) It is unlawful for any person(s) to:
(a) Host or allow an event or gathering;
(b) At any residence, premises, or on any other private or public property; (c) Where alcohol or alcoholic beverages are present;
(d) When the person knows or reasonably should know that an underage person will or does:
(i) consume any alcohol or alcoholic beverage; or
(ii) possess any alcohol or alcoholic beverage with the intent to consume it;
(e) and the person fails to take reasonable steps to prevent possession or consumption by the underage person(s).
(2) A person is criminally responsible for violating Subdivision D (1) above if the person intentionally aids, advises, hires, counsels, or conspires with or otherwise procures another to commit the prohibited act.
(3) A person who hosts an event or gathering does not have to be present at the event or gathering to be criminally responsible.
(1) This ordinance does not apply to conduct solely between an underage person and his or her parents while present in the parent's household.
(2) This ordinance does not apply to legally protected religious observances.
(3) This ordinance does not apply to retail intoxicating liquor or 3.2 percent malt liquor licenses, municipal liquor stores, or bottle club permit holders who are regulated by Minn. Stat. §340A.503
(4) This ordinance does not apply to situations where underage persons are lawfully in possession of alcohol or alcoholic beverages during the course and scope of employment.
(5) This ordinance does not apply to landlords who are not present during any activities prohibited under Subdivision (D)(1).
(F) Enforcement. This ordinance can be enforced by any peace officer.
(G) Severability. If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, phrase, word, or other