City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
DEER RIVER CITY CODE
NUISANCES, OFFENCES AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
PART ONE: NUISANCES
8.101 Public Nuisances Defined.
(a) Generally. A public nuisance is a thing, act, occupation, condition or use of property which shall continue for such length of time as to:
1. Substantially annoy, injure or endanger the comfort, health, repose or safety of the public; or
2. In any way render the public insecure in life or in the use of property; or
3. Greatly offend the public morals or decency; or
4. Unlawfully and substantially interfere with, obstruct or tend to obstruct or render dangerous for passage any street, alley, highway, navigable body of water or other public way.
(b) Public Nuisances Affecting Health. The following acts, omissions, places, conditions and things are hereby specifically declared to be public health nuisances, but shall not be construed to exclude other health nuisances coming within the definition of subsection (a) of this section:
1. All decayed, harmfully adulterated or unwholesome food or drink sold or offered for sale to the public;
2. Carcasses or animals, birds or fowl not buried or otherwise disposed of in a sanitary manner within 24 hours after death;
3. Accumulations of decayed animal or vegetable matter, trash, rubbish, rotting lumber, bedding, packing material, scrap metal, inoperable or unused vehicles, or any material in which flies, mosquitoes, disease-carrying insect, rats or other vermin may breed;
4. All stagnant water in which mosquitoes, flies or other insect can multiply;
5. Garbage cans which are not fly-tight;