City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
participating with the express permission of the event sponsor.
7.l40 Junk yards prohibited. –amended 11-01-07.
No person shall locate a junk yard in the City. A “junk yard” is a building, structure, yard, or place for keeping, storing or piling in commercial quantities, whether temporarily, irregularly, or continually, or for the buying or selling at retail or wholesale or dealing in any old, used, or secondhand materials of any kin, including cloth, rags, clothing, paper, rubbish, bottles, rubber, iron, brass, copper, or other metal, furniture, used motor vehicles or the parts thereof, or other articles which from their worn or damaged condition have been rendered practically useless for the purpose for which ther were made and which are commonly classified as junk, provided further that the storage of three or more inoperative or not currently licensed motor vehicles, or combination thereof, for a period in excess of three months shall be considered a junkyard. The definition of junkyard shall not apply to a recycling center which processes and stores household or business recyclables on a short term basis for subsequent commercial sale.
7.144 CABLE COMMUNICATIONS FRANCHISE amended 11-26-07
Subd. 1 Definitions.
1) “Franchisor” is City of Deer River.
2) “Franchisee” is Paul Bunyan Rural Telephone Cooperative.
3) “Board” is the Minnesota Cable Communications Board.
4) “FCC” is the Federal Communications Commission of the United States.
5) “Class IV Channel” means a signaling path provided by a cable communications system to transmit signals of any type from a subscriber terminal to another point in the cable communications system.
6) “Non-voice return communications” means the provision of appropriate system design techniques with the installation of cable and amplifiers suitable for the subsequent insertion of necessary non-voice communications electronic modules.