City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
standards the Zoning Administrator may require the services of a testing laboratory to determine compliance. The cost of employing said laboratory shall be paid for by the owner if a violation of this Ordinance is established, otherwise by the City.
4. Notify, in writing, any person responsible for violating a provision of this ordinance, indicating the nature of the violation and ordering the action necessary to correct it.
5. Order discontinuance of illegal use of land, buildings or structures; order removal of illegal building, structures , additions, alterations: order discontinuance of illegal work being done; or take any action authorized by this Ordinance to insure compliance with or to prevent violation of its provision.
6. Maintain permanent and current records of the zoning ordinance as provided in Subdivision 2 section 3, including all maps, amendments, conditional use, and variations.
7. Maintain a current file of all permits, all certificates, and all copies of notices of violation, discontinuance, or removal for such time as necessary to insure a continuous compliance with the provisions of this ordinance and, on request, provide information to any person having a proprietary of tenancy interest in any specific property.
8. Provide technical assistance to the City Council and Planning Commission.
5.214 BUILDING AND USE PERMITS
Except as hereinafter provided, no person, firm, or corporation shall construct, erect, alter, wreck or move any building or structure or parts thereof within the corporate limits of the City of Deer River without first securing a Building Permit in from the City of Deer River. It shall not be necessary to secure a building permit in order to alter, repair, or otherwise change the interior of any residential building provided the proposed alteration, repair or change will not be structural.
Subdivision 2. Application
Application for a building permit shall be made to the Zoning Administrator on blank forms to be furnished by the City. Each application for a permit to construct or alter a building shall be accompanied by a plan drawn to scale showing the dimensions of the lot to be built upon, the size and location of the building and accessory buildings to be erected. Applications shall