City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency specifications. No person, firm, or corporation that services septic tanks shall operate commercially without first obtaining the necessary licenses required by Itasca County. Sludge shall not be discharged into any lake or watercourse, nor on land without burial. Disposal of sludge and scum removed from the system shall be:
(a) Into a municipal sewage system where practicable.
(b) In the absence of public sewer, at a disposal site designated
by the Itasca County Sanitation Administrator.
5. Alternative methods of sewage disposal such as holding tanks, electric or gas incinerators, biological and/or tertiary waste treatment plants or land disposal systems, wherever required or allowed in particular circumstances, shall be subject to the standards, criteria, rules and regulations of the Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, and the Department of Natural Resources.
6. Agricultural Waste Disposal:
(a) Any Agricultural waste disposal operations in Shoreland areas must conform to the standards, criteria, rules and regulations of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
7. Municipal Treatment Systems:
Disposal of any material from a municipal sewage disposal plant shall be on a site specified by the Itasca County Sanitary Administrator. Methods of disposal shall be specified by the Itasca County Sanitary Administrator and concur as closely as practicable with the Standards, criteria, rules and regulations of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.
C. Water Systems
1. Public water facilities, including pipe fittings, hydrants, etc., shall be installed and maintained as required by standards and specifications as established by the City Council of Deer River, the Minnesota Department of Health standards for water quality and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
2. Where public water facilities are not available, the City Council of Deer River may by ordinance grant a franchise for such water