City of Deer River Municipal Ordinances
One story bay windows projecting three (3) feet or less into the yard; and overhanging eaves and gutters projecting two and one-half (2 1/2) feet or less into the yard.
• A landing place or uncovered porch may extend into the required front yard to a distance not exceeding six (6) feet, if the landing place or porch has its floor no higher than the entrance floor of the building. An open railing no higher than three (3) feet may be placed around such a place.
• The required front yard of a corner lot shall not contain any wall fence, or other structure, tree, shrub, or other growth which may cause danger to traffic on a street or public road by obscuring the view.
• On double frontage lots, the required front yard shall be provided on both streets.
• Air Conditioning Units: excluding window units, shall be located a minimum of twenty (20) feet from all lot lines, but not within the front yard.
b. In Side Yards:
Overhanging eaves and gutters projecting into the yard for a distance of two (2) inches per foot of required side yard.
c. In Rear Yards:
Enclosed, attached, or detached off-street parking spaces; open off-street parking spaces; accessory structures, tool rooms, and similar buildings or structures for domestic storage; balconies, breezeways, and open porches; one story bay windows projecting two and one-half (2 1/2) feet or less into the yard; and overhanging eaves and gutters projecting two and one-half (2 1/2) feet or less into the yard.
• In determining the depth of rear yard for any building where the rear yard opens into an alley, one-half (1/2) the width of the alley, but not exceeding ten (10) feet, may be considered as a portion of the rear yard.
Subdivision 6. .-FENCES –Vision Clearance